MARConvert™ Download, Installation, and QuickStart
Welcome to MARConvert!
Do not install MARConvert to the same folder as MARCView™.
- Terminate MARConvert if you have it running.
- There is no need to uninstall earlier versions of MARConvert if you install the new version to the same directory as the old one.
The default installation folder is
C:\Program Files\Systems Planning\MARConvert
If you are upgrading, and use double-clicking to open MARC files, we recommend overwriting the earlier installation in
This is because a bug in Windows does not remove the information about the previous installation.
- Click here to open the Systems Planning Download Page in a new browser window. (http://systemsplanning.com/download.asp)
- In the dropdown on that page, select the MARConvert version for your organization.
- Enter the access code previously sent by email.
- Click the "Download" button.
- You may "Open" the file to install it immediately, or "Save" it to your hard drive. If you "Save" it, run the downloaded program by double-clicking on it. We will leave the installation file on our server indefinitely so that you do not have to distribute it.
Error opening file for writing
If you receive this message during installation, please check the following conditions:
Make sure there is space on the drive to which you installing MARConvert.
Make sure you have "administrator privileges" on your computer, meaning that you are allowed to install new programs. If not, your IT department will have to perform the installation.
Your license permits you to install MARConvert on a network drive where anyone in your organization may use it (see the license for details and restrictions). However, each PC must have the file MARCView.ini in its Windows directory (normally "c:\windows" or "c:\winnt").
Use the same instructions as for Installation, above.
To run MARConvert, click the Windows Start button, go to Programs, then the MARConvert group, then MARConvert. When MARConvert starts, click the "Convert" button to convert records, or the "View" button to display a file of MARC records.
See the online Help for information about running MARConvert in command-line mode.
Files in Installation Package
- MARConvert.EXE and SP_MARC.DLL: the program
- MC_LICENSE.RTF: the license agreement
- BRKRTEST.MRC: a file of MARC21 test records from the Library of Congress
- COLLECTION.XML: a file of MARCXML test records from the Library of Congress
- Command file (file name varies: see your online Help for details)
- (Optional) Translation table, depending your requirements (file name varies: see your online Help for details)
- (Optional) Code tables for character conversion, depending on your requirements
Please see the MARConvert Support Page for information.
We hope that MARConvert meets your needs.
If you want to uninstall MARConvert, run Add/Remove Programs from the
Windows Control Panel and remove "Systems Planning MARConvert".
Thanks for using MARConvert!
copyright © 1996-2011 Systems Planning. MWeb, InFORMer, and CAPS are trademarks of Selago Design, Inc. MARCView and MARConvert are trademarks of OCLC, Inc.
Email us at email@example.com
Including the name of one of our products in the subject of your message will bypass all spam filters.